In Portland we love food carts. There are carts for grilled cheese sandwiches (made eight different ways at the Grilled Cheese Grill), ethnic specialties, breakfasts, sweets and more! You only need find one of the Pods to choose from an eclectic mix of tasty treats.
I told you about Carts on Foster, so here is a list with links to a few more, but this is not a complete listing! This is only a very small sampling of the cart pods around the city. You can find a complete list on Food Carts Portland website.
- Alberta 15 – Located on NE Alberta St., this pod features Cultured Caveman, Stumptown Dumplings, Creen Monsters and Katsu Zoku (all foods with an Asian flair!)
- A la Carts Food Pavilion – another SE pod (SE 50th and Division) that features food from Viet Nam, Korean, Turkey, Venezuela and more. They also have handmade ice cream for dessert!
- Cartlandia – located on SE 82cnd, this pod has 28 international food carts. Also located on the site is the Blue Room Bar and restaurant. You are welcome to bring your food cart items into the beer garden!
- Cartopia – This late night pod is located on SE 12th and Hawthorne Blvd. There are six, extremely popular carts here, but visit soon. This pod may be gone after their lease expires in October!
- Good Food Here – On Belmont and SE 43rd, this pod has 15 carts, featuring Aybla Grill, one of Portland’s oldest food carts! The food ranges from international cuisines to mac and cheese. There is even a sandwich cart named, The Cart with No Name.
- Mississippi Marketplace – On N. Mississippi Ave, this pod features barbeque, breakfast, Big-Ass Sandwiches (just as the name implies), as well as vegetarian and vegan fair.
- Pod 28 – Located on SE 28th and Ankeny, this pod has five food carts that include middle eastern style food, grilled cheese and beer!
And so ends the short list to get you started. Have fun and Happy Munching!