While we were out on our road trip, I picked up some culinary lavender. I’ve been seeing “no churn” ice cream recipes all over the place and decided to give one a try – and here is what I came up with!
Totally delicious and so easy! (Trying peach next) – Check it out!
What you need:
- ½ 14-oz can of sweetened, condensed milk (about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cooled Lavender syrup (see below)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons culinary lavender (purely dried blossoms, void of any kind of stem)
- Lavender sprigs to garnish
- 2 Tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
Make a tea with the lavender and water. Simmer until it reduces to about ½ cup of liquid. Strain off the flowers. Replace to the pan with the sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer gently until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is thickened. Set aside to cool.
How to Do it:
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the first three ingredients until the ingredients are fully incorporated. Pour in the whipping cream and whip until it is thick and fluffy.
Add the culinary lavender and mix well.
Pour into a glass dish and cover.
Put in freezer for 4-6 hours, until completely frozen.
Serve with a dash of the lavender syrup and lavender sprigs as garnish.
Makes 1 quart
© Copyright 2016 The Pleasures of the NW
This recipe was featured!!