I found a beautiful bunch of spinach on a roadside farm stand – and my tomatoes in the yard are doing wonderful – so I put it all together in a dinner bowl!
Fresh Spinach and Tomato with Shrimp and Pasta
Author: Helen Fern
Recipe type: Main dish
Fresh spinach and homegrown tomatoes mix well with shrimp and pasta!
- 2 cups Cooked spaghetti
- 2 c. fresh spinach leaves torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 small tomatoes cut in half -or 1-2 medium tomatoes cut into fourths
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 oz of raw (or cooked) peeled shrimp
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese wedge
- If your shrimp is raw - add fennel seeds, salt and some fresh garlic to a pan of water. Bring it to a boil - add shrimp and cook until it turns pink. Remove from heat and drain.
- Put the olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan (the one you cooked the pasta in is good). Heat the oil on medium heat and add the garlic, cooking until it's soft. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the pasta and shrimp and heat through. Gently toss in the tomatoes.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with some fresh grated parmesan. Garnish with a sprig of basil -