Today is national dessert day! It’s also apple season in the Northwest, although it is drawing to a close – So in honor of both, here is an easy way to make some really tasty applesauce!
- 2 large apples - I used melrose
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Core both of the apples, but there's no need to remove the skin.
- Pack half the brown sugar into the hollow of each apple.
- Set them in the bottom of the crock pot and pour the brandy over them.
- Add a few sprinkles of brown sugar and the cinnamon over the top.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. The apples will literally fall apart into the liquid. Stir it all up and serve warm or cold.